- Atiku no longer restricted by Visa as the PDP presidential Candidate enters US with Senate President, Saraki
- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
Gun-running: Dino Melaye gets N10m bail
A Kogi State High Court in Lokoja on Wednesday granted bail in the sum of N10m to Senator Dino Melaye, who was arraigned on gun-running charges.
Justice Nasir Ajana, in a ruling, said he was inclined to granting Melaye bail in view of his health condition.
The judge said he was convinced by the argument of Melaye’s lawyer, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), that keeping the senator in custody would jeopardise his health, which, according to the lawyer, was already “deteriorating.”
The judge said he was also convinced by Ozekhome’s argument that Melaye would not abscond if granted bail.
Melaye was not in court on Wednesday. His lawyer said he was still on admission in the hospital in Abuja.
Apart from the gun-running charges in Lokoja, Melaye is facing separate criminal charges before Justice Olasunbo Goodluck in Abuja.