- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
Gun-running: Dino Melaye gets N10m bail
A Kogi State High Court in Lokoja on Wednesday granted bail in the sum of N10m to Senator Dino Melaye, who was arraigned on gun-running charges.
Justice Nasir Ajana, in a ruling, said he was inclined to granting Melaye bail in view of his health condition.
The judge said he was convinced by the argument of Melaye’s lawyer, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), that keeping the senator in custody would jeopardise his health, which, according to the lawyer, was already “deteriorating.”
The judge said he was also convinced by Ozekhome’s argument that Melaye would not abscond if granted bail.
Melaye was not in court on Wednesday. His lawyer said he was still on admission in the hospital in Abuja.
Apart from the gun-running charges in Lokoja, Melaye is facing separate criminal charges before Justice Olasunbo Goodluck in Abuja.