- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Gun-running: Dino Melaye gets N10m bail
A Kogi State High Court in Lokoja on Wednesday granted bail in the sum of N10m to Senator Dino Melaye, who was arraigned on gun-running charges.
Justice Nasir Ajana, in a ruling, said he was inclined to granting Melaye bail in view of his health condition.
The judge said he was convinced by the argument of Melaye’s lawyer, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), that keeping the senator in custody would jeopardise his health, which, according to the lawyer, was already “deteriorating.”
The judge said he was also convinced by Ozekhome’s argument that Melaye would not abscond if granted bail.
Melaye was not in court on Wednesday. His lawyer said he was still on admission in the hospital in Abuja.
Apart from the gun-running charges in Lokoja, Melaye is facing separate criminal charges before Justice Olasunbo Goodluck in Abuja.