- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Late legendary Musician, Fela, has a Great-grandchild!
Yeni Kuti Becomes A Grandmother. The first child of musician Fela Kuti has now added grandmother too her resume as her daughter Rolari welcomes a child.
Yeni Kuti gave away her daughter, Rolari Segun in marriage to an Australian named Benedict Jacka at African Shrine Ikeja in June 2015.
This was also a symbolic form of respect to Rolari’s grandfather as the shrine was for many years, Fela’s home and concert venue.
Oluwayeni Anikulapo-Kuti popularly known as Yeni Kuti was born May 22, 1961 in England, United Kingdom, she is a dancer, singer and descendant of the Ransome-Kuti family.
She pioneered the idea of Felabration, a music festival conceived to celebrate the life and contributions of her father Fela Kuti to the Nigerian society.
Born in England, Yeni was born as the first child to afrobeat pioneer Fela Kuti and to a British mother. She completed her basic and secondary education in Nigeria after leaving the United Kingdom at the age of two.
She holds a diploma in journalism after she graduated from the Nigerian Institute of Journalism. In 1986, she joined Femi’s band as a singer and dancer after dropping her job as a fashion designer. She currently serves as a co-manager of the New Afrika Shrine alongside her brother Femi Kuti.