- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
- Fire guts INEC office few days to general elections
- [UPDATED] ASUU suspends strike after reaching agreement with FG
- Breaking: Atiku’s monarch woos people for Buhari
- Breaking: Finally, ASUU strike to end as union reaches deal with FG
- 2019 Precindency: SDP adopts Buhari as candidate
- Nigerian-born World Bank director, Haruna Mohammed is dead
- Ambode finally presents N852.31bn budget for 2019, to Lagos Assembly
Man rapes corp member inside bush after rejecting his love advances
A man has been arrested for the rape of a 22-year-old corp member in Niger state, Nigeria.
Ogochukwu Namanene, 25, had a crush on the 22-year-old corp member, so he pretended to be a commercial motorcycle rider (okada man) and while taking the corp member to her lodge, he stopped by a bushy area, dragged her into the bush, beat her till she was overpowered, and raped her.
The corp member was serving at Janki Secondary school in Lapai LGA, Niger state. She had traveled to Lagos and on her return to Lapai from Lagos, she took Namanene’s bike to her lodge, unaware that he wasn’t really a commercial cyclist.
Namanene told Punch Metro that he has “a soft spot” for the victim but did not know how to woo her.
“I was telling her to cooperate with me that I only wanted to express my affection for her but she refused. I beat her mercilessly until she became weak. After raping her, I rode my motorcycle away not knowing that the wrath of the law would catch up with me.”
He added; “Honestly, I love the corper but I don’t have the courage to express my affection for her, that was why I forcefully made love to her.”
Namanene was apprehended by a team of policemen attached to the Agaie division of the state while trying to escape. The Police Public Relations Officer, Muhammad Abubakar, said the suspect has been charged to court.