- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
Man rapes corp member inside bush after rejecting his love advances
A man has been arrested for the rape of a 22-year-old corp member in Niger state, Nigeria.
Ogochukwu Namanene, 25, had a crush on the 22-year-old corp member, so he pretended to be a commercial motorcycle rider (okada man) and while taking the corp member to her lodge, he stopped by a bushy area, dragged her into the bush, beat her till she was overpowered, and raped her.
The corp member was serving at Janki Secondary school in Lapai LGA, Niger state. She had traveled to Lagos and on her return to Lapai from Lagos, she took Namanene’s bike to her lodge, unaware that he wasn’t really a commercial cyclist.
Namanene told Punch Metro that he has “a soft spot” for the victim but did not know how to woo her.
“I was telling her to cooperate with me that I only wanted to express my affection for her but she refused. I beat her mercilessly until she became weak. After raping her, I rode my motorcycle away not knowing that the wrath of the law would catch up with me.”
He added; “Honestly, I love the corper but I don’t have the courage to express my affection for her, that was why I forcefully made love to her.”
Namanene was apprehended by a team of policemen attached to the Agaie division of the state while trying to escape. The Police Public Relations Officer, Muhammad Abubakar, said the suspect has been charged to court.