- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Therefore, today, we are going to be talking about the richest Nigerian footballers and their net worth. Find out more about the wealthiest athletes from your country that have football to thank for their riches.
There are a lot of wealthy football players in Nigeria, but we have decided to focus only on top 10 richest Nigerian footballers. We are going to be listing them in reverse order, so you will have to stick around until the end to find out who is the richest of the rich. All the information on net worth was taken from. Without further ado, let’s get to it!
10. Peter Odemwingie | Net worth: $5.5 million
Opening our list is Peter Osaze Odemwingie. You might not know this, but he actually comes from a mixed family. On July 15, 1981, Odemwingie was born to Russian Tatar mom and Nigerian dad in Tashkent (former Soviet Union). From 2002 until 2014, he played for the Nigerian National team, where he was praised for his skill and diligence.
During his quite eventful senior career, Peter played for ten different teams, most notable of which were Lokomotiv Moscow, West Brom and Cardiff City.
These days, it does not seem like he is playing for any team. Instead, Odemwingie enjoys playing golf, as is evident from his Twitter (@OdemwingieP). As for his net worth, it is said to be $5.5 million. He can probably buy his own golf course with this money!