- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
2018 World Cup: Super Eagles will be tough team to play — Messi
Messi reveals why Super Eagles will be tough team to play.
Argentina captain, Lionel Messi, has admitted their game against Nigeria in the 2018 World Cup will be difficult, because both teams have a history of tough matches.
The paths of the Super Eagles and La Albiceleste will cross for the fifth time at the World Cup in Russia. Argentina have won their previous four encounters at the tournament.
Their last meeting was in a friendly game last year when Gernot Rohr’s men came from 2-0 down to win 4-2.
“We have to take it match by match,” Messi said in an interview with Pasión por el Fútbol.
“Starting off with a win is important because it’ll then make us calmer. It’s not an easy group. Iceland showed in the Euros that they can go up against anyone.
“Croatia has a very good midfield and if you let them, they’ll control the ball all match long. They have Spain’s style. And it always costs us when we play Nigeria.”