- 2019: Makarfi declares interest in presidency under PDP
- Offa Robbery: Another wanted suspect arrested
- Osinbajo escape death as chopper make emergency landing in Abuja
- Kogi director Haruna David slumps, dies in office
- One feared dead, former Reps member, Opeyemi Bamidele shot at Ado-Ekiti APC secretariat during reception for Kayode Fayemi
- Breaking: IPOB disowns sit-at-home order, tells Ndigbo to ignore Chika Edoziem group
- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
2018 World Cup: Super Eagles will be tough team to play — Messi
Messi reveals why Super Eagles will be tough team to play.
Argentina captain, Lionel Messi, has admitted their game against Nigeria in the 2018 World Cup will be difficult, because both teams have a history of tough matches.
The paths of the Super Eagles and La Albiceleste will cross for the fifth time at the World Cup in Russia. Argentina have won their previous four encounters at the tournament.
Their last meeting was in a friendly game last year when Gernot Rohr’s men came from 2-0 down to win 4-2.
“We have to take it match by match,” Messi said in an interview with Pasión por el Fútbol.
“Starting off with a win is important because it’ll then make us calmer. It’s not an easy group. Iceland showed in the Euros that they can go up against anyone.
“Croatia has a very good midfield and if you let them, they’ll control the ball all match long. They have Spain’s style. And it always costs us when we play Nigeria.”