- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
2018 World Cup: Super Eagles will be tough team to play — Messi
Messi reveals why Super Eagles will be tough team to play.
Argentina captain, Lionel Messi, has admitted their game against Nigeria in the 2018 World Cup will be difficult, because both teams have a history of tough matches.
The paths of the Super Eagles and La Albiceleste will cross for the fifth time at the World Cup in Russia. Argentina have won their previous four encounters at the tournament.
Their last meeting was in a friendly game last year when Gernot Rohr’s men came from 2-0 down to win 4-2.
“We have to take it match by match,” Messi said in an interview with Pasión por el Fútbol.
“Starting off with a win is important because it’ll then make us calmer. It’s not an easy group. Iceland showed in the Euros that they can go up against anyone.
“Croatia has a very good midfield and if you let them, they’ll control the ball all match long. They have Spain’s style. And it always costs us when we play Nigeria.”