- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
2018 World Cup: Super Eagles will be tough team to play — Messi
Messi reveals why Super Eagles will be tough team to play.
Argentina captain, Lionel Messi, has admitted their game against Nigeria in the 2018 World Cup will be difficult, because both teams have a history of tough matches.
The paths of the Super Eagles and La Albiceleste will cross for the fifth time at the World Cup in Russia. Argentina have won their previous four encounters at the tournament.
Their last meeting was in a friendly game last year when Gernot Rohr’s men came from 2-0 down to win 4-2.
“We have to take it match by match,” Messi said in an interview with Pasión por el Fútbol.
“Starting off with a win is important because it’ll then make us calmer. It’s not an easy group. Iceland showed in the Euros that they can go up against anyone.
“Croatia has a very good midfield and if you let them, they’ll control the ball all match long. They have Spain’s style. And it always costs us when we play Nigeria.”