- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
- BREAKING: Chelsea complete stunning comeback to draw with nine-man Ajax
- BREAKING: FG orders NCC to reduce data cost
- BREAKING: Court sacks Reps majority leader
New List of top 10 universities in Nigeria according to Webometrics
Webometric, a ranking web that rates world universities based on their web presence and impacts of their online presence has released its 2018 ranking edition.
The latest ranking shows Federal Government owned universities have a better web presence and impact as the top ten is dominated by Federal Universities and one Private education institutions.
No state-government university, polytechnic or College of education makes the top 10 on the ranking list.
The University of Ibadan, which is also the first university in Nigeria tops the list as the best university in the country in terms of web presence and and impact.
The 70-year-old institution scores 2654 and 627 for both indicators respectively.
These are the top 10 universities in Nigeria according to Webometricsplay
Top 10 universities in Nigeria according to Webometrics. (Webometrics)
Coming behind the Premier University is Covenant University which is the only private institution in the top 10 bracket with 1300 for web presence and 2729 for impacts.
In the 2015 edition of the ranking website rating, the faith-based university was the best in Nigeria.
The third position on the list is occupied by Obafemi Awolowo University. OAU which is often regarded as the most beautiful institution in Nigeria scored 3847 and 3993 for online presence and impacts.
Student in sex-for-mark scandal finally appears before OAU panelplay
Senate building, Obafemi Awolowo University (Modamo)
ALSO READ: UK University says Nigerian students use alcohol to study for exams
According to the ranking site, the followings are the top 10 universities in the country.
1. University of Ibadan
2. Covenant University, Ota (CU)
3. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (OAU)
4. University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
5. University of Lagos, Akoka (UNILAG)
6. Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU)
7. Federal University of Technology, Minna
8. University of Ilorin, Ilorin (UNILORIN)
9. Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA)
10.University of Benin, Benin City, (UNIBEN)
Recalled SUG President speaks on his suspension and fellowship ban in UNIBENplay
UNIBEN Gate (Premiumtimes)
Webometrics is the largest academic ranking of Higher Education Institutions. The ranking web has been rating education institutions in 2004 using institution’s online presence as a major metric for ranking.