- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
4 Ways To Keep Your Relationship Strong After Having Kids
Child bearing is a thing of joy and excitement but it is also a time when the relationship between partners is challenged.
This is because you things change and you have more responisibilties. It is easy to focus more time on the kids and negelect your partner. This can have a bad effect on a marriage.
What then is the solution? Here are 5 practical tips that couples can adopt to keep their relationships strong after having kids.
1. Find time to connect
Finidng time for each other is very important to keep a relationship alive. It could be as little as watching a movie together or playing indoor games. These little bonding moments would surely cement your relationship.
2. Compliment Each Other
Show you care by finding one new thing to compliment your partner on each day. Letting them know that you love them and appreciate the little things truly go a long way.
3. Set aside time to work through difficulties.
No marriage is perefcet and as such disagreements and issues would arise. Ensure you find the time to resolve all issues esspecially those involving your kids. Never let an issue skip into the next day to avoid making matters worse.
4. Listen to Your Partner
Listen to your partner as if what they are saying is the most important thing you will ever hear.
Pay attention to your partner and really listen to them about what there day has been like. The baby can wait. It won’t be harmed in any way if you acknowledge your partner first.