- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
I want to play for NBA, says Fortune Ibe, the tallest 15-year-old in Nigeria
Meet Fortune Ibe who is believed to be the tallest 15-year-old in Nigeria. A teenager from Imo state, Nigeria is fast becoming popular because of his unusual height.
At 15, Fortune Ibe stands at 6 feet 9.5 inches. He is believed to be the tallest 15-year-old in Nigeria.
He reportedly stated that he grows an average of 5 inches every year and added that he would love to play for the NBA( National Basketball Association).
At the moment, he is a Mass Communication student of Covenant University, having graduated from secondary school at a very young age.
He says his height makes people assume he’s way older than he actually is.
“Everywhere I go, people don’t believe my age at all, I always cause uneccessary attention. Am proud of my height,” he said.
He added: “We are all extremely tall in my family. My mom is 6 foot 1 inches, my dad is 6 foot 5 inches.”
His eldest brother who is 21 years old is reportedly 7 feet tall, the second son who is 19 years old stands at 6 feet 5 inches, and the last son who is 11 years old is already as tall as 5 feet 9 inches.