- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
4 Simple Ways You Can Take Care Of Your Braids To Make Them Last Longer
If you have such a problem, you have nothing to worry about anymore as we have got you.
Here are a few tips on how to care for your braids:
1. Wash them regularly
Most people overlook the part of washing your braids because; they do not know the disadvantages of not washing them. Dirt and sweat from our daily activities build up in our hair unknowingly to us and this causes your pores to clog which causes slow hair growth.
2. Do not leave them in for too long
We understand that because braids save time more than anything else during your daily dress up routine it may be tempting to leave them in longer than their prime. However, this does no good to your hair as it causes it to loc, which eventually makes it harder to loosen without cutting your hair.
Braids can be on from a couple of weeks to a maximum of eight weeks.
3. Learn the habit of moisturizing with natural oils
Most moisturizing oils contain mineral oils, and your braids need enough moisture to look nice and shining, that is why you need to avoid mineral oils use natural oils like coconut oils, almond oils and natural leave-in conditioners for your braids.
4. Take care of them at night too
Nighttime care is important for every hairstyle as well as braids when going to bed it is advisable to cover your hair with a silk scarf or a hair net just so your hair does not get dry because of the friction from the pillowcase.
If covering your hair is not your thing, get a silk pillowcase that will do.