- 2 confirmed killed, many ijured as plywood falls from Container on Ojuelegba bridge in Lagos
- 2019: Makarfi declares interest in presidency under PDP
- Offa Robbery: Another wanted suspect arrested
- Osinbajo escape death as chopper make emergency landing in Abuja
- Kogi director Haruna David slumps, dies in office
- One feared dead, former Reps member, Opeyemi Bamidele shot at Ado-Ekiti APC secretariat during reception for Kayode Fayemi
- Breaking: IPOB disowns sit-at-home order, tells Ndigbo to ignore Chika Edoziem group
- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
4 Simple Ways You Can Take Care Of Your Braids To Make Them Last Longer
If you have such a problem, you have nothing to worry about anymore as we have got you.
Here are a few tips on how to care for your braids:
1. Wash them regularly
Most people overlook the part of washing your braids because; they do not know the disadvantages of not washing them. Dirt and sweat from our daily activities build up in our hair unknowingly to us and this causes your pores to clog which causes slow hair growth.
2. Do not leave them in for too long
We understand that because braids save time more than anything else during your daily dress up routine it may be tempting to leave them in longer than their prime. However, this does no good to your hair as it causes it to loc, which eventually makes it harder to loosen without cutting your hair.
Braids can be on from a couple of weeks to a maximum of eight weeks.
3. Learn the habit of moisturizing with natural oils
Most moisturizing oils contain mineral oils, and your braids need enough moisture to look nice and shining, that is why you need to avoid mineral oils use natural oils like coconut oils, almond oils and natural leave-in conditioners for your braids.
4. Take care of them at night too
Nighttime care is important for every hairstyle as well as braids when going to bed it is advisable to cover your hair with a silk scarf or a hair net just so your hair does not get dry because of the friction from the pillowcase.
If covering your hair is not your thing, get a silk pillowcase that will do.