- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
A whole Family die first night in their new house in Ogun State
A family of five died under mysterious circumstances on Wednesday night at Old Aiyepe road in Sagamu area of Ogun.
The family includes father, mother, three children and a family friend.
The News Agency of Nigeria learnt that the family had just moved from their rented apartment into their own property, but died on their very first night in the house.
The house was suspected to have been fumigated with “killer chemical.”
One of the sympthasisers who accompanied the corpses to the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu, said the house owner, a borehole driller by profession, had just spent a night in the new house.
The sympthasiser, who identified himself simply as Tony, said they perceived a foul odour on Thursday morning, which attracted them to the house.
According to him, neighbours around raised the alarm, which attracted the attention of the Police.
Their remains have since been evacuated and taken to the mortuary.
Hundreds of sympathisers besieged the Accident and Emergency Unit of the OOUTH, wailing uncontrollably over the unfortunate incident.
The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, Assistant Superintendent of Police Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the incident, adding that the Police would get to the root of the matter.
Oyeyemi said investigation into the matter had commenced in order to unravel the cause of death.