- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
Commotion As Pastor Chase Away Church Members With Knife During Service In Lagos (Photos)
Pastor Gabriel Ajeaga has been arrested after he reportedly took a knife, went inside his church, chased members away including the female superintendent of the church, Pastor (Mrs.) Goodness Onyebuchi and shut the church. The incident happened at the Light City Church auditorium located at Asisi Ajani Street in Egan area of Lagos.
The 43 year old Ajeaga was angry about the manner he was treated and sent away from the church after he reportedly nurtured and grew the church branch with members.
He narrated that he was not allowed to reap the fruit of his labour in the church after the church had grown. He said that the superintendent, Mrs. Onyebuchi, replaced him with another pastor without notice or considering what he had put to grow the church.
On the 3rd of June, 2018, when the incident happened, Ajeaga set aside pastoral posture, went inside the church during the service to the altar with a knife. He ordered Mrs. Onyebuchi who was preaching out of the church. She reportedly abandoned her Bible and bag and ran out of the church while the members scampered for safety.
However, the incident was reported to the Police at Igando Division; Ajega was arrested and detained at the police station.
It was gathered that the DPO asked to know from Ajeaga why he acted violently inside the church. He explained how he was used and dumped by Mrs. Onyebuchi who took over the church because members had increased.
The police found him culpable and charged him before Ejigbo Magistrates court on Tuesday for conduct likely to cause breach of public peace, threat to life and threat to burn down the church.
He pleaded not guilty.
The prosecutor, Inspector, G Simon did not oppose his bail. Thus, the Presiding Magistrate, Mr. L.K.J. Layeni granted him bail in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties in like sum. Ajeaga was remanded in prison custody pending when he will perfect his bail condition. The matter was adjourned till 4 July, 2018.