- 2 confirmed killed, many ijured as plywood falls from Container on Ojuelegba bridge in Lagos
- 2019: Makarfi declares interest in presidency under PDP
- Offa Robbery: Another wanted suspect arrested
- Osinbajo escape death as chopper make emergency landing in Abuja
- Kogi director Haruna David slumps, dies in office
- One feared dead, former Reps member, Opeyemi Bamidele shot at Ado-Ekiti APC secretariat during reception for Kayode Fayemi
- Breaking: IPOB disowns sit-at-home order, tells Ndigbo to ignore Chika Edoziem group
- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
Osinbajo speaks on his helicopter’s emergency landing
Laolu Akande, the spokesman to vice president Yemi Osinbajo has explained why his principal had to return to the State House by road.
The helicopter that brought Vice -President Yemi Osinbajo to the Nigeria Customs Command and Staff College, Gwagwalada, Abuja, could not take him back to the villa as it was said to have made a forced landing about 30 seconds after take-off.
The Senior Special Assistant to the Vice-President on Media and Publicity, Mr Laolu Akande, on Thursday, said Osinbajo avoided using his chopper from Gwagwalada where he had gone for an official assignment back to the Presidential Villa, Abuja because of “technical reasons.”
Akande gave the explanation in a message he posted on his verified Twitter handle, @akandeoj.
He confirmed that Osinbajo was conveyed to the venue of the engagement in the same chopper.
He disclosed that Osinbajo returned to the Presidential Villa by road and continued with his schedule.
Akande wrote, “VP Osinbajo attended the graduation ceremony of Nigeria Customs Senior Course in Gwagwalada today (Thursday).
“On his way back, it was decided, for technical reasons, not to fly the chopper that had brought him to the venue.
“He drove back to the Presidential Villa and continued his schedule.”