- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
Osinbajo speaks on his helicopter’s emergency landing
Laolu Akande, the spokesman to vice president Yemi Osinbajo has explained why his principal had to return to the State House by road.
The helicopter that brought Vice -President Yemi Osinbajo to the Nigeria Customs Command and Staff College, Gwagwalada, Abuja, could not take him back to the villa as it was said to have made a forced landing about 30 seconds after take-off.
The Senior Special Assistant to the Vice-President on Media and Publicity, Mr Laolu Akande, on Thursday, said Osinbajo avoided using his chopper from Gwagwalada where he had gone for an official assignment back to the Presidential Villa, Abuja because of “technical reasons.”
Akande gave the explanation in a message he posted on his verified Twitter handle, @akandeoj.
He confirmed that Osinbajo was conveyed to the venue of the engagement in the same chopper.
He disclosed that Osinbajo returned to the Presidential Villa by road and continued with his schedule.
Akande wrote, “VP Osinbajo attended the graduation ceremony of Nigeria Customs Senior Course in Gwagwalada today (Thursday).
“On his way back, it was decided, for technical reasons, not to fly the chopper that had brought him to the venue.
“He drove back to the Presidential Villa and continued his schedule.”