- Atiku no longer restricted by Visa as the PDP presidential Candidate enters US with Senate President, Saraki
- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
Osinbajo speaks on his helicopter’s emergency landing
Laolu Akande, the spokesman to vice president Yemi Osinbajo has explained why his principal had to return to the State House by road.
The helicopter that brought Vice -President Yemi Osinbajo to the Nigeria Customs Command and Staff College, Gwagwalada, Abuja, could not take him back to the villa as it was said to have made a forced landing about 30 seconds after take-off.
The Senior Special Assistant to the Vice-President on Media and Publicity, Mr Laolu Akande, on Thursday, said Osinbajo avoided using his chopper from Gwagwalada where he had gone for an official assignment back to the Presidential Villa, Abuja because of “technical reasons.”
Akande gave the explanation in a message he posted on his verified Twitter handle, @akandeoj.
He confirmed that Osinbajo was conveyed to the venue of the engagement in the same chopper.
He disclosed that Osinbajo returned to the Presidential Villa by road and continued with his schedule.
Akande wrote, “VP Osinbajo attended the graduation ceremony of Nigeria Customs Senior Course in Gwagwalada today (Thursday).
“On his way back, it was decided, for technical reasons, not to fly the chopper that had brought him to the venue.
“He drove back to the Presidential Villa and continued his schedule.”