- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
Osinbajo speaks on his helicopter’s emergency landing
Laolu Akande, the spokesman to vice president Yemi Osinbajo has explained why his principal had to return to the State House by road.
The helicopter that brought Vice -President Yemi Osinbajo to the Nigeria Customs Command and Staff College, Gwagwalada, Abuja, could not take him back to the villa as it was said to have made a forced landing about 30 seconds after take-off.
The Senior Special Assistant to the Vice-President on Media and Publicity, Mr Laolu Akande, on Thursday, said Osinbajo avoided using his chopper from Gwagwalada where he had gone for an official assignment back to the Presidential Villa, Abuja because of “technical reasons.”
Akande gave the explanation in a message he posted on his verified Twitter handle, @akandeoj.
He confirmed that Osinbajo was conveyed to the venue of the engagement in the same chopper.
He disclosed that Osinbajo returned to the Presidential Villa by road and continued with his schedule.
Akande wrote, “VP Osinbajo attended the graduation ceremony of Nigeria Customs Senior Course in Gwagwalada today (Thursday).
“On his way back, it was decided, for technical reasons, not to fly the chopper that had brought him to the venue.
“He drove back to the Presidential Villa and continued his schedule.”