- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
President Buhari reveals what he discussed with Tobi, Kunle Afolayan, Small Doctor & other celebs he broke fast with
President Buhari has revealed what he discussed in the meeting which he had yesterday with some Nigerian celebrities at the Presidential Villa.
He met with Adebayo Salami, popularly known as Oga Bello, Kunle Afolayan, Tobi Bakre of Big Brother, Adedimeji Lateef, Small Doctor, Sound Sultan among others in attendance.
Buhari on his official Twitter handle confirmed the meeting.
He said that during the meeting, he assured them of efforts to create an enabling environment for Entertainers and Nigerian youths to excel.
He also urged Nigerian youths to get their PVCs and exercise their voting right come 2019.
His tweets read:
”Last night, I was pleased to host to the Breaking of the Ramadan Fast with young Nigerians working in entertainment, arts, media and other fields.
“I thanked them for their continuing support, and assured that we will create a Nigeria that works for them and for all Nigerians.
“From our Social Investment Programmes, to the work of the Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council (PEBEC), to our vision for Agriculture, Technology, and many other policies, we are demonstrating our commitment to creating an environment for young Nigerians to thrive.
“I also reminded them of their power to vote candidates of their choice, which is one of the founding principles of democracy. Your vote is your power, get your PVCs, vote for whoever you desire, regardless of ethnicity or religion and encourage other people to vote as well.”