- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Nollywood actress Elizabeth Omowunmi Tekovi Da-Silva popularly known as Liz Da-Silva has shown her versatility in her work and a passion that has shown that no matter the age you start, you will be recognized as a talent.
Though she appears mostly in Yoruba movies, she is one to look out for.
These are 9 Things you didn’t know about the actress, Liz Da-silva
1. She was born June 10th, 1978 in Obalende to Togolese parents.
2. Her parents were separated and her mother died before she started acting.
3. She proceeded to Lagos state university (LAS) to further her education after her secondary school.
4. She started acting in 2004.
5. She was introduced into the industry by Iyabo Ojo to Muka Ray who she claims has been her mentor.
6. She released her own movie “MAMA INSURANCE” in 2012, a movie that featured the likes of Lanre Hassan, Ayo Mogaji, Iyabo Ojo, Ronke Ojo, Doris Simon and many others.
7. She is not married, but she has a son from a past relationship.
8. She converted to Islam for the sake of her baby as the baby’s father was a Muslim. She changed her name to “Aishat Olaoye”.
9. She runs an annual event “Ankara day” which is used to promote Africa unity and also to help the less privileged through donations.