- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
Nollywood actress Elizabeth Omowunmi Tekovi Da-Silva popularly known as Liz Da-Silva has shown her versatility in her work and a passion that has shown that no matter the age you start, you will be recognized as a talent.
Though she appears mostly in Yoruba movies, she is one to look out for.
These are 9 Things you didn’t know about the actress, Liz Da-silva
1. She was born June 10th, 1978 in Obalende to Togolese parents.
2. Her parents were separated and her mother died before she started acting.
3. She proceeded to Lagos state university (LAS) to further her education after her secondary school.
4. She started acting in 2004.
5. She was introduced into the industry by Iyabo Ojo to Muka Ray who she claims has been her mentor.
6. She released her own movie “MAMA INSURANCE” in 2012, a movie that featured the likes of Lanre Hassan, Ayo Mogaji, Iyabo Ojo, Ronke Ojo, Doris Simon and many others.
7. She is not married, but she has a son from a past relationship.
8. She converted to Islam for the sake of her baby as the baby’s father was a Muslim. She changed her name to “Aishat Olaoye”.
9. She runs an annual event “Ankara day” which is used to promote Africa unity and also to help the less privileged through donations.