- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
Nigerian musician, Skiibii has spoken of Olamide’s assistance, his recent success and how he felt as people made fun of him for faking his death in a bid to be popular.
During a Coolfm interview with O.A.P, Dotun, he first spoke of his recent success and back to back hit songs.
According to the singer, he saw his success coming “I was ready for this. For everything. What I feel is that people don’t know what I’m capable of. They don’t see the beauty in my talent. More bangers coming. Na dem say na hit me I no know say na hit sef.”
On Olamide’s assistance, he spoke of how he didn’t hesitate to make music with him despite the national ridicule that came with him(Skiibii) faking his own death in 2016, in an attempt to blow.
In fact, on the track the duo released, he likened Skiibii with Jesus, an association centered around death and resurrection, capping his verse off with a loud remark “them say you no go blow abi”.
Frankly speaking, there may have been no “cooler” way to help blow up a younger colleague who’s been laughed at for faking his death in a failed attempt to “blow up”.
“I was down. I picked up myself. You can’t be like this. You know the truth. Fight for it.” Skibi narrates what he went through during aftermath of the incident.
Skiibii’s most focal year was in 2018 when he released his hit song ‘Sensima’ ft former Mavin act, Reekado Banks and a recent hit that is making waves ‘That’s how stars do’.