- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
Over 100 Houses Burnt Down As Two Benue Communities Fight Over Land (Photos)
A village was destroyed and burnt down as two communities, Mbamar and Ugambe, in Konshisha LGA of Benue State engaged each other in a brutal fight over a piece of land.
The State Commissioner of Police, Mr Fatai Owoseni, who confirmed the incident said over 100 thatched houses were set ablaze last week during the clashes between Ugambe and Mbamar villages.
He added that nineteen people have been arrested in connection with the incident.
Bem Jabez, who is from one of the villages took to Facebook to lament over the incident,
“My people have gone mad.
Mbamar Vs Ugambe, in Konshisha, men from same council ward, fighting this dirty over a very little piece of land.
These same fools can’t go to the bush to fight Fulani o.
My village was burnt down few days ago in these fight.
What manner of brothers i have, I’m proud to have come from Konshisha but I’m no longer proud of my immediate community.”