- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
Over 100 Houses Burnt Down As Two Benue Communities Fight Over Land (Photos)
A village was destroyed and burnt down as two communities, Mbamar and Ugambe, in Konshisha LGA of Benue State engaged each other in a brutal fight over a piece of land.
The State Commissioner of Police, Mr Fatai Owoseni, who confirmed the incident said over 100 thatched houses were set ablaze last week during the clashes between Ugambe and Mbamar villages.
He added that nineteen people have been arrested in connection with the incident.
Bem Jabez, who is from one of the villages took to Facebook to lament over the incident,
“My people have gone mad.
Mbamar Vs Ugambe, in Konshisha, men from same council ward, fighting this dirty over a very little piece of land.
These same fools can’t go to the bush to fight Fulani o.
My village was burnt down few days ago in these fight.
What manner of brothers i have, I’m proud to have come from Konshisha but I’m no longer proud of my immediate community.”