- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
Over 100 Houses Burnt Down As Two Benue Communities Fight Over Land (Photos)
A village was destroyed and burnt down as two communities, Mbamar and Ugambe, in Konshisha LGA of Benue State engaged each other in a brutal fight over a piece of land.
The State Commissioner of Police, Mr Fatai Owoseni, who confirmed the incident said over 100 thatched houses were set ablaze last week during the clashes between Ugambe and Mbamar villages.
He added that nineteen people have been arrested in connection with the incident.
Bem Jabez, who is from one of the villages took to Facebook to lament over the incident,
“My people have gone mad.
Mbamar Vs Ugambe, in Konshisha, men from same council ward, fighting this dirty over a very little piece of land.
These same fools can’t go to the bush to fight Fulani o.
My village was burnt down few days ago in these fight.
What manner of brothers i have, I’m proud to have come from Konshisha but I’m no longer proud of my immediate community.”