- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
“Don’t Go To Russia 2018 World Cup And Escape” – Federal Government Begs Nigerians
The federal government on Tuesday begged Nigerians traveling to Russia not to escape during or after the 2018 World Cup tournament.
Solomon Dalung, Minister of Youths and Sports made the appeal in a chat with newsmen in Abuja.
Speaking on the fears of trafficking in persons during the mundial, Dalung said that nobody would be allowed to travel to the World Cup without clearance from the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP).
“What we have done is to ensure that every group traveling, the list must be submitted to NAPTIP and you cannot travel without clearance.
“In the past few days NAPTIP has made huge arrest of people who are running flaw of the rules of human trafficking.
“And this had confirm our fears that there are so many people who are not traveling to support the Super Eagles rather they have intention of embarrassing the country in Russia”, he said.
Dalung further appealed to fans not to embarrass the country, adding that the sister agency of NAPTIP in Russia is in red alert for those kind of people.