- 2019: Makarfi declares interest in presidency under PDP
- Offa Robbery: Another wanted suspect arrested
- Osinbajo escape death as chopper make emergency landing in Abuja
- Kogi director Haruna David slumps, dies in office
- One feared dead, former Reps member, Opeyemi Bamidele shot at Ado-Ekiti APC secretariat during reception for Kayode Fayemi
- Breaking: IPOB disowns sit-at-home order, tells Ndigbo to ignore Chika Edoziem group
- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
“Don’t Go To Russia 2018 World Cup And Escape” – Federal Government Begs Nigerians
The federal government on Tuesday begged Nigerians traveling to Russia not to escape during or after the 2018 World Cup tournament.
Solomon Dalung, Minister of Youths and Sports made the appeal in a chat with newsmen in Abuja.
Speaking on the fears of trafficking in persons during the mundial, Dalung said that nobody would be allowed to travel to the World Cup without clearance from the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP).
“What we have done is to ensure that every group traveling, the list must be submitted to NAPTIP and you cannot travel without clearance.
“In the past few days NAPTIP has made huge arrest of people who are running flaw of the rules of human trafficking.
“And this had confirm our fears that there are so many people who are not traveling to support the Super Eagles rather they have intention of embarrassing the country in Russia”, he said.
Dalung further appealed to fans not to embarrass the country, adding that the sister agency of NAPTIP in Russia is in red alert for those kind of people.