- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
- Masked policemen whisk Dino Melaye away from hospital
“Don’t Go To Russia 2018 World Cup And Escape” – Federal Government Begs Nigerians
The federal government on Tuesday begged Nigerians traveling to Russia not to escape during or after the 2018 World Cup tournament.
Solomon Dalung, Minister of Youths and Sports made the appeal in a chat with newsmen in Abuja.
Speaking on the fears of trafficking in persons during the mundial, Dalung said that nobody would be allowed to travel to the World Cup without clearance from the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP).
“What we have done is to ensure that every group traveling, the list must be submitted to NAPTIP and you cannot travel without clearance.
“In the past few days NAPTIP has made huge arrest of people who are running flaw of the rules of human trafficking.
“And this had confirm our fears that there are so many people who are not traveling to support the Super Eagles rather they have intention of embarrassing the country in Russia”, he said.
Dalung further appealed to fans not to embarrass the country, adding that the sister agency of NAPTIP in Russia is in red alert for those kind of people.