- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
“Don’t Go To Russia 2018 World Cup And Escape” – Federal Government Begs Nigerians
The federal government on Tuesday begged Nigerians traveling to Russia not to escape during or after the 2018 World Cup tournament.
Solomon Dalung, Minister of Youths and Sports made the appeal in a chat with newsmen in Abuja.
Speaking on the fears of trafficking in persons during the mundial, Dalung said that nobody would be allowed to travel to the World Cup without clearance from the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP).
“What we have done is to ensure that every group traveling, the list must be submitted to NAPTIP and you cannot travel without clearance.
“In the past few days NAPTIP has made huge arrest of people who are running flaw of the rules of human trafficking.
“And this had confirm our fears that there are so many people who are not traveling to support the Super Eagles rather they have intention of embarrassing the country in Russia”, he said.
Dalung further appealed to fans not to embarrass the country, adding that the sister agency of NAPTIP in Russia is in red alert for those kind of people.