- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
“Don’t Go To Russia 2018 World Cup And Escape” – Federal Government Begs Nigerians
The federal government on Tuesday begged Nigerians traveling to Russia not to escape during or after the 2018 World Cup tournament.
Solomon Dalung, Minister of Youths and Sports made the appeal in a chat with newsmen in Abuja.
Speaking on the fears of trafficking in persons during the mundial, Dalung said that nobody would be allowed to travel to the World Cup without clearance from the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP).
“What we have done is to ensure that every group traveling, the list must be submitted to NAPTIP and you cannot travel without clearance.
“In the past few days NAPTIP has made huge arrest of people who are running flaw of the rules of human trafficking.
“And this had confirm our fears that there are so many people who are not traveling to support the Super Eagles rather they have intention of embarrassing the country in Russia”, he said.
Dalung further appealed to fans not to embarrass the country, adding that the sister agency of NAPTIP in Russia is in red alert for those kind of people.