- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
Indian man kills his 4-yr-old daughter to appease God
A man who allegedly sacrificed his four-year-old daughter by slitting her throat was arrested by Jodhpur rural police on Saturday.
The incident occurred at Pipad in Jodhpur district late on Thursday. Police superintendent (Jodhpur rural) Rajan Dushyant said the accused – identified as 26-year-old Nawab Ali Qureshi – has confessed to the crime.
“I am a Namazi and I love my child more than my own life. I offered my daughter as a sacrifice,” police quoted the accused as saying during an interrogation.
According to police, Qureshi had brought his daughter back from her grandmother’s place on Thursday. He fed the child with sweets and fruits from the market before taking her home.
Late that night, while the rest of the family was fast asleep, he woke the victim and took her to the veranda. There, he set her on his lap and read a kalma (prayer).
According to the accused’s confession, it was at this juncture that “Satan came over him” – making him allegedly slit his daughter’s throat. After the deed was done, he went back to sleep.