- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
- Masked policemen whisk Dino Melaye away from hospital
Indian man kills his 4-yr-old daughter to appease God
A man who allegedly sacrificed his four-year-old daughter by slitting her throat was arrested by Jodhpur rural police on Saturday.
The incident occurred at Pipad in Jodhpur district late on Thursday. Police superintendent (Jodhpur rural) Rajan Dushyant said the accused – identified as 26-year-old Nawab Ali Qureshi – has confessed to the crime.
“I am a Namazi and I love my child more than my own life. I offered my daughter as a sacrifice,” police quoted the accused as saying during an interrogation.
According to police, Qureshi had brought his daughter back from her grandmother’s place on Thursday. He fed the child with sweets and fruits from the market before taking her home.
Late that night, while the rest of the family was fast asleep, he woke the victim and took her to the veranda. There, he set her on his lap and read a kalma (prayer).
According to the accused’s confession, it was at this juncture that “Satan came over him” – making him allegedly slit his daughter’s throat. After the deed was done, he went back to sleep.