- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
Indian man kills his 4-yr-old daughter to appease God
A man who allegedly sacrificed his four-year-old daughter by slitting her throat was arrested by Jodhpur rural police on Saturday.
The incident occurred at Pipad in Jodhpur district late on Thursday. Police superintendent (Jodhpur rural) Rajan Dushyant said the accused – identified as 26-year-old Nawab Ali Qureshi – has confessed to the crime.
“I am a Namazi and I love my child more than my own life. I offered my daughter as a sacrifice,” police quoted the accused as saying during an interrogation.
According to police, Qureshi had brought his daughter back from her grandmother’s place on Thursday. He fed the child with sweets and fruits from the market before taking her home.
Late that night, while the rest of the family was fast asleep, he woke the victim and took her to the veranda. There, he set her on his lap and read a kalma (prayer).
According to the accused’s confession, it was at this juncture that “Satan came over him” – making him allegedly slit his daughter’s throat. After the deed was done, he went back to sleep.