- Atiku no longer restricted by Visa as the PDP presidential Candidate enters US with Senate President, Saraki
- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
SARS arrest man for having an app on his phone, extort 10k from him
Below is a narration from a man about how he was arrested by men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) in Ibadan. According to him, he was arrested and extorted of ten thousand Naira for having an app on his mobile phone.
#EndSARS I was arrested in Ibadan yesterday on my way to work coz police officers found an in built app(Hangout) on my phone, I refused to pay until your officers threatened to Lock me up.. I eventually paid N10,500!
They didn’t allow me to call anyone and I was ready to battle it out with them until I was taken to one of their wretched stations where they were gonna lock me up with some dreadful looking guys! I feared for my health and safety and just had to pay them!
I was smiling all through this duel, even soliciting on behalf of others. Until they popped up with: Alaye wetin you dey use hangout do? I was surprised coz this app has been there for ages and I dont use it. Las las they told me to pay N100,000 I bursted Into laughter coz I thought it was all a joke.. Until I got to station and they asked me to pay 10k las price, for goods I didnt buy! I sha paid and left.. I dont wanna be exposed to danger from these guys in case this escalates and is taken up.
I just want y’all to know they are extorting people for real!
I want everyone to please note that this guy was not alone, he had a few other guys with him too. They were all extorting money from guys that fateful morning but he was just unfortunate to drop his account details, I hope they are all dealt with!
@FP_Olamide Your complaint is hereby acknowledged and investigation has been initiated. Your Tracking No is #PCRRU201907. Kindly DM the recipient’s bank account number and name of his bank. Thank you for contacting NPF-PCRRU.