- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
SARS arrest man for having an app on his phone, extort 10k from him
Below is a narration from a man about how he was arrested by men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) in Ibadan. According to him, he was arrested and extorted of ten thousand Naira for having an app on his mobile phone.
#EndSARS I was arrested in Ibadan yesterday on my way to work coz police officers found an in built app(Hangout) on my phone, I refused to pay until your officers threatened to Lock me up.. I eventually paid N10,500!
They didn’t allow me to call anyone and I was ready to battle it out with them until I was taken to one of their wretched stations where they were gonna lock me up with some dreadful looking guys! I feared for my health and safety and just had to pay them!
I was smiling all through this duel, even soliciting on behalf of others. Until they popped up with: Alaye wetin you dey use hangout do? I was surprised coz this app has been there for ages and I dont use it. Las las they told me to pay N100,000 I bursted Into laughter coz I thought it was all a joke.. Until I got to station and they asked me to pay 10k las price, for goods I didnt buy! I sha paid and left.. I dont wanna be exposed to danger from these guys in case this escalates and is taken up.
I just want y’all to know they are extorting people for real!
I want everyone to please note that this guy was not alone, he had a few other guys with him too. They were all extorting money from guys that fateful morning but he was just unfortunate to drop his account details, I hope they are all dealt with!
@FP_Olamide Your complaint is hereby acknowledged and investigation has been initiated. Your Tracking No is #PCRRU201907. Kindly DM the recipient’s bank account number and name of his bank. Thank you for contacting NPF-PCRRU.