- Ekiti Election Result: Fayemi wins as overall result emerge online
- World Cup: For the first time since 1990 England qualifies for semi-finals after beating Sweden 2-0
- Former CBN governor, Adamu Ciroma is dead
- Court orders NASS to begin impeachment process against Buhari
- Gunmen shot seven policemen dead in Abuja
- Arms Deal: Court grants Dasuki N200m bail after 30 months of detention in DSS Custody
- Another tanker fire accident along Suleja-Minna road, five confirmed injured
- Another Nigerian Celebrity, Deacon Famous, loses son
- Angry youths take over Plateau Government House over Killings, violent protests turn bloody
- Plateau Killings: Commissioner of Police sacked with immediate effect
World Cup defending champions, Germany, defeated by Mexico with 1 – 0 score
Mexico humbles defending champions, Germany in shocking 1 – 0 defeat.
A winning strike by Hirving Lozano’s has helped Mexico beat defending champions, Germany, 1 – 0 in their Group F match at the Luzhniki Stadium on Sunday.
The first half saw a flurry of chances fall for both Germany and Mexico. However, it was Lozano’s perfectly taken shot that gave Mexico the lead in the 35th minute.
Germany’s Toni Kroos struck a fine free-kick that was brilliantly saved by Mexican goalkeeper, Guillermo Ochoa.