- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Victor Osuagwu used a tipper truck to convey his wife from church to the reception instead of a car.
When popular comic actor, Victor Osuagwu got married, it was the talk of the town and the wedding pictures trended online for days. His wedding was not on the lips of many people because he is an entertainer; instead the reason was that he did something weird; the thespian used a tipper truck to convey his wife from church to the reception instead of a car.
In a recent chat with Saturday Beats, he said that it was a very fulfilling thing to do. “I felt very fulfilled using a tipper truck as my wedding vehicle because that was my target, I never thought of anything less than what happened on that day. Some people thought the picture was from a movie set but a lot of people knew it was my wedding.
It was a long journey going to the reception and we caused a heavy traffic in town. It was not that I did not have the good cars or I did not have the money to rent lovely cars but people that know me are aware that I am a crazy entertainer and I wanted to show the world another part of me,” Osuagwu said.
The actor said his decision to use the truck shocked his wife. He said, “I wanted to carry over entertainment from the television to reality. My wife never knew I was going to do that even Francis Duru who was my best man. When we came out of the church, people just noticed that there was a well decorated truck but nobody knew what was going on.
People thought the lorry was there to convey goods until my wife told me that we should go into the car as her leg was aching because of the shoe she wore. When she asked which of the cars we were to use, I pointed at the lorry. She was so surprised and it was one of the biggest shocks of her life. She was dumbfounded.
Francis Duru overheard what I told my wife and had to ask the same question and I told him it was the lorry my wife and I would ride in. I told everyone to enter all the available SUVs but that we would arrive at the reception in the tipper truck. All my wife said was, ‘this is going to be great but how would I climb into it?’ the vehicle was not an ordinary lorry but a double hassle truck, the big one. When we got to the lorry, the people brought a ladder for her to climb into the lorry.”
Osuagwu who was recently unveiled as the brand ambassador for HelpApp Limited said he was delightful by the gesture.
He said, “I am humbled they chose me as their brand ambassador and it means that the company means well for all my fans, family and admirers. They believe that with me on board, people would know about their product. The product would help us eradicate water pollution,” he said.