- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
4 Foods You Probably Didn’t Know Originated From Africa
While rice is able to be grown quite well on foreign non-African soil, African slaves are the ones credited with teaching foreigners (Americans to be precise) how to properly irrigate a rice field and thus grow rice.
This is one of the most widespread spices in the world and though it is largely identified with the Asians, its origin can be traced to Africa from the time of early railway construction to Uganda, when the British imported a lot of Indians who came to Africa with curries.