- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
Top 5 Essential Oils for Dry and Cracked Skin
Lotions are commonly used in this case, but many lotions are made of synthetic products that can do more harm than good to the skin.
Oil quality is important for great results. Good quality essential oils can be purchased from Pure Path Essential Oils
Different environmental and health factors can lead to a dry skin. If the skin is dry for too long, it might even crack. Some people are born with a skin that is prone to becoming dry which makes them constantly look for ways to lubricate it.
Lotions are commonly used in this case, but many lotions are made of synthetic products that can do more harm than good to the skin. Making your own skin products is the way to go if you want to take control over what goes on your skin. Natural remedies for dry and cracked skin should be sought out in natural products.
How do essential oils help with dry skin?
Essential oils are made from all natural ingredients which are readily absorbed by the skin, unlike lotions which leave an oily residue. Essential oils are very affordable as you only need a couple of drops diluted in a base oil. The fragrance of the oils additionally aromatizes the skin like a perfume.
Best Essential Oils for Dry Skin
The best essential oils for dry or cracked skin are:
The oil of lavender is distilled from the purple plant part. Besides being very soothing on the mind, lavender oil nourishes the skin and replenishes it. Lavender has a cooling and hydrating effect when diluted with a carrier oil like olive or almond.
Chamomile is extracted from a small white flower. It has antibacterial and soothing properties. It moisturizes skin and soothes any itch occurring because of dryness.
Rose has a wonderful smell and calming properties. It makes skin younger, reduces irritation, and moisturizes the different skin layers.
4. Ylang Ylang
One of the risks of dry skin is that it is prone to contamination. Ylang ylang has both antiseptic and moisturizing properties to help with dry and cracked skin. It also helps the natural oil glands produce more secretion to naturally maintain а soft skin.