10 Foods that You Should Eat Daily for Clean Arteries
Clogged arteries do not occur overnight. The blockage develops over time. Diet and lifestyle choices play a key role in the development of this condition.
Asparagus is a natural artery-clearing food. It can lower blood pressure and prevent blood clots.
The B vitamins, especially B6, in asparagus help lower H0mocysteine (an amino acid linked to heart disease) and C-reactive protein (a marker of inflammation) levels.
A 2005 study published in Circulation reports that elevated H0mocysteine levels indicate an increased risk of CAD and blood clots in the arteries and veins. To lower the elevated levels, vegetables like asparagus are helpful due to the high folic acid and vitamins B6 and B12 content.
It also stimulates the body’s production of glutathione, an antioxidant that helps fight inflammation and prevent damaging oxidation that can lead to clogged or blocked arteries. Plus, the vitamin K in asparagus prevents hardening of the arteries and keeps calcium out of the arterial linings.
Eat this tasty vegetable on a regular basis as much as possible. You can eat it as an appetizer or side dish.
- PHOTOS: Huge Setback As Fire Guts Largest COVID-19 Vaccine Manufacturing Plant
- Lil Wayne thanks Donald Trump for granting him presidential pardon
- Anglican church suspends retired archbishop for sleeping with married woman
- Reactions Trail As Alleged Leaked Chats Between Omotola’s Husband And Side Chic Surface Online
- Bobrisky Reacts To Reports Of Crashed Relationship With Tonto Dikeh
- Yes, I’m a gay – Bolu, son of former presidential aide, Doyin Okupe reveals
- Police constable, serving soldier nabbed for alleged armed robbery in Ondo