10 Foods that You Should Eat Daily for Clean Arteries
Clogged arteries do not occur overnight. The blockage develops over time. Diet and lifestyle choices play a key role in the development of this condition.
Turmeric contains a compound known as curcumin that has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which aid in improving heart health.
Curcumin helps protect the cardiovascular system from damage by reducing and preventing blockages of the arteries. Plus, it lowers the level of LDL, or ‘bad’ cholesterol, to reduce buildup in the arteries.
A 2015 study published in the International Journal of Clinical & Experimental Pathology found turmeric to be effective in preventing blocked arteries and improving heart health. The study reports that the improvement of coronary artery permeability by curcumin may be related to its anti-inflammatory effect.
- Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder to a glass of warm milk. Drink it 1 or 2 times daily.
- You can opt to take curcumin supplements of 400 to 600 mg, 3 times daily. However, consult your doctor before taking any supplements.
- 17-yr-old Benue girl who set her boyfriend ablaze recounts ordeal, says he made her abort three pregnancies
- Sweet’N Low magnate, Donald Tober ‘jumps to his death’ from 11th floor of his luxury $10 million apartment
- How Fela Kuti desperately wanted to marry Onyeka Onwenu (Details)
- I’m a strict mother – Iyabo Ojo opens up; talks about her surgery
- Reps oppose school resumption, seeks three-month postponement
- PHOTOS: No COVI9-19 protocols as Ex-Speaker Bankole weds Kebbi Gov’s daughter
- Remains of former Super Eagles defender, Ajibade Babalade laid to rest in Ibadan (PHOTOS)