- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
A Glass Of Red Wine Can Replace An Hour Of Exercising According To New Study
I think resveratrol could help patient populations who want to exercise but are physically incapable
Unbelievable, yet great news for people who are too lazy to go to the gym but love drinking wine instead!
A new research of the University of Alberta in Canada proved that resveratrol, a compound found in red wine can benefit our health in a way that’s similar to the benefits of working out.
Who wouldn’t prefer drinking a glass of red wine instead of spending a sweaty hour at the gym?
Lead researcher, Jason Dyck, says that what they found about red wine could actually improve the lives of people who are unable to exercise. That’s more than great news.
As he points out, resveratrol was proven to improve physical exercise, heart function, and muscle strength just as a gym session would.
“I think resveratrol could help patient populations who want to exercise but are physically incapable,” Dyck states. “Resveratrol could mimic exercise for them or improve the benefits of the modest amount of exercise that they can do.”
There are serious documents proving the health benefits of red wine as well as studies that show how a glass of wine per day can help us avoid developing dementia or cancer. A glass of red wine is also beneficial for our hearts, it prevents us looking old too soon and it can regulate blood sugar.
For more resveratrol, one can eat blueberries, peanut butter, red grapes and dark chocolate. However, we shouldn’t forget that a balanced diet combined with some exercising if possible is the best one can do.