- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
- BREAKING: Senate swears in Smart Adeyemi
- BREAKING: Kidnappers of female students caught, lynched in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: Three female students kidnapped in Bayelsa
5 Sleeping Positions And How They Affect Your Health
Since we’re all different people, we all sleep in different positions and all have different sleeping experiences. Some of us don’t feel entirely rested after what should have been a good night of sleep
The one thing our parents fool us into believing as kids is that sleep is a punishment. As we grow older, we slowly but surely start to realize that sleep is one of the best things that can happen to you on this Earth.
Since we’re all different people, we all sleep in different positions and all have different sleeping experiences. Some of us don’t feel entirely rested after what should have been a good night of sleep, or some people snore without really knowing what’s causing that issue. Now thanks to a leftover science budget, research was made that determines how your sleeping position affects your health.
Don’t worry, it’s not a terribly long list you’ll have to memorize. There’s only so many ways in which you can sleep and we’re not doing any freaky “lie down in a hammock with your feet while your head rests on the ground” stuff. Let’s take a look.
1. On Your Back
This can result in lower back pain or in worse snoring. While it causes lower back pain, it does in fact improve other kinds of back pains.
2. On Your Belly
While also causing lower back pain, it can cause neck pain too.