- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
Genevieve Nnaji Snubbed By Colleagues At New Afrika Shrine, Ikeja, Lagos
Actress Genevieve Nnaji is definitely not the party type as she was spotted among the Nollywood celebrities who turned up to welcome the France President Emmanuel Macron as he paid a visit to the New Afrika Shrine in Ikeja, Lagos.
The beautiful actress arrived quite early and while other stars were granted interviews on the red carpet, the actress stayed at a corner.
She was so unobtrusive that many people weren’t aware of her presence. She came in company with a Chinese man who stayed glued to her side throughout the event.
However, most seats were already taken when she stepped into the hall so she had to stand at the back. The Ije actress treated herself to a few cocktails and exchanged pleasantries with some guests.
She also obliged fans who wanted to take pictures with her. Though many have labelled the one-time singer a snob, she was pleasantly warm as she danced to the tunes dished out by DJ Jimmy Jatt, who played on the night.
Some fans of the actress could also be heard complaining that they weren’t satisfied with the treatment meted out to her as other Nollywood practitioners present were provided with seats close to other VIPs. However, Genny could be heard saying she didn’t mind.
After standing for over three hours, Genny attempted to leave at a point when the event, which started late, had just begun. As she made to leave, she was sighted by Fela’s daughter, Yeni, who took her to a food vendor’s stand within the shrine where she was treated to some goat meat (asun).
However, when our correspondent approached Nnaji for an interview, she declined.