- Ekiti Election Result: Fayemi wins as overall result emerge online
- World Cup: For the first time since 1990 England qualifies for semi-finals after beating Sweden 2-0
- Former CBN governor, Adamu Ciroma is dead
- Court orders NASS to begin impeachment process against Buhari
- Gunmen shot seven policemen dead in Abuja
- Arms Deal: Court grants Dasuki N200m bail after 30 months of detention in DSS Custody
- Another tanker fire accident along Suleja-Minna road, five confirmed injured
- Another Nigerian Celebrity, Deacon Famous, loses son
- Angry youths take over Plateau Government House over Killings, violent protests turn bloody
- Plateau Killings: Commissioner of Police sacked with immediate effect
The fatal accident which was reportedly caused by a speeding driver saw multiple vehicles collide with each other before knocking down a motorcyclist who was carrying a lady along the Onitsha-Owerri highway in Mgbidi, Oru West local government area of the state.
The motorcyclist and his female passenger were killed on the spot while others were seriously injured. The wounded victims were rushed to the hospital for treatment.