- Shehu Sani resigns, quits APC, fails to give reasons
- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
Evicted PDP Chairman, Ali Modu Sheriff becomes leader of Buhari 2019 Support Committee
Presidency names ex-PDP chairman, Sheriff leader of Buhari 2019 Support Committee.
The office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF), has formally announced a former Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ali Modu Sheriff as the Director General of Buhari 2019 Presidential Support Committee, DAILY POST reports.
Sheriff was a two-term governor of Borno State and returned to the APC few weeks to the state congresses of the ruling party.
The Committee is different from Buhari Campaign Organisation (BCO) which recently appointed Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, the Minister of Transport as the Director General while Human Rights Lawyer Festus Keyamo (SAN) as the spokesman and Director, Strategic Communications.
The Sheriff-led body has a list of 35 members of the Support Committee, 10 members of National Advisory Committee and 5 members of National Patrons with President Muhammadu Buhari as the Grand Patron.
A popular Kano musician Dauda Rara was appointed National Director Music, while a Nollywood Actor and a member of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Hon Desmond Elliot is the National Publicity Secretary.
Chief of Staff to the Imo State governor and governorship aspirant of APC, Uche Ugwumba Nwosu will serve as the National Secretary.
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Political matters, Hon Gideon Sammani, made the disclosure in a statement made available to newsmen on Friday.
It noted that the “individuals were selected after the APC National Convention to build on the momentum of the success to step up preparation within the hierarchy and ranks and file of the party to fully support President Muhammadu Buhari to continue with his programmes and policies for the upliftment and advancement of the country with the manifesto of the APC.”
Hon Sammani, who is also Facilitator President Support Committee under the OSGF, said: “In preparation for the reelection of President Buhari in 2019, the Presidential Support Committee, Buhari 2019 has appointed eminent Nigerians to the National Working Committee of the organisation.
“The prominent individuals have been selected from Buhari Support Group in their own rights as loyalists.”
The Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, Secretary to Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, Dr Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Alhaji Mamman Daura all make up the National Patrons of the Committee.
Members of the National advisory committee are: Senator M.T Mbu, Senator Yerima Bakura, Senator George Akume, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, Senator Ita Giwa, Hon Gudaji Kazaure, Hajiya Ireti, Alhaji Ismaila Isa Funtua and Senator Abu Ibrahim.