- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
- Masked policemen whisk Dino Melaye away from hospital
2019: Football Legend, Segun Odegbami declares to run for governorship in Ogun State
Chief Segun Odegbami on Wednesday declared his intention to run for governorship in Ogun State on the platform of the Labour Party, promised that education and health will get more attention if he is elected as the governor of Ogun State in 2019.
He said, “Our government, which would be led by the Labour Party, will provide quality education and health care delivery system by building hospitals where necessary. Necessary facilities for proper care, including drugs and personnel, would be provided.
“I believe that only the people with sound health can work and even enjoy amenities provided by the government.”
He noted that hospitals in Nigeria had turned to mortuary because they lacked the necessary facilities they needed to save lives.
Odegbami cited the instance of his mother, who he said the medical doctors had written off and he took her abroad for medical attention and she lived for another 11 years before she died.
On education, the football legend, while berating the falling standard of education in the country, said his government would provide education that would make graduates employable and as well as provide jobs for other people.
The Labour Party Chairman in Ogun State, Mr Abayomi Arabambi, while welcoming Odegbami and other party supporters, frowned on the failure of the All Progressives Congress-led government in the state to solve various challenges confronting the people in the state.