- Shehu Sani resigns, quits APC, fails to give reasons
- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
2019: Football Legend, Segun Odegbami declares to run for governorship in Ogun State
Chief Segun Odegbami on Wednesday declared his intention to run for governorship in Ogun State on the platform of the Labour Party, promised that education and health will get more attention if he is elected as the governor of Ogun State in 2019.
He said, “Our government, which would be led by the Labour Party, will provide quality education and health care delivery system by building hospitals where necessary. Necessary facilities for proper care, including drugs and personnel, would be provided.
“I believe that only the people with sound health can work and even enjoy amenities provided by the government.”
He noted that hospitals in Nigeria had turned to mortuary because they lacked the necessary facilities they needed to save lives.
Odegbami cited the instance of his mother, who he said the medical doctors had written off and he took her abroad for medical attention and she lived for another 11 years before she died.
On education, the football legend, while berating the falling standard of education in the country, said his government would provide education that would make graduates employable and as well as provide jobs for other people.
The Labour Party Chairman in Ogun State, Mr Abayomi Arabambi, while welcoming Odegbami and other party supporters, frowned on the failure of the All Progressives Congress-led government in the state to solve various challenges confronting the people in the state.