- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
2019: Football Legend, Segun Odegbami declares to run for governorship in Ogun State
Chief Segun Odegbami on Wednesday declared his intention to run for governorship in Ogun State on the platform of the Labour Party, promised that education and health will get more attention if he is elected as the governor of Ogun State in 2019.
He said, “Our government, which would be led by the Labour Party, will provide quality education and health care delivery system by building hospitals where necessary. Necessary facilities for proper care, including drugs and personnel, would be provided.
“I believe that only the people with sound health can work and even enjoy amenities provided by the government.”
He noted that hospitals in Nigeria had turned to mortuary because they lacked the necessary facilities they needed to save lives.
Odegbami cited the instance of his mother, who he said the medical doctors had written off and he took her abroad for medical attention and she lived for another 11 years before she died.
On education, the football legend, while berating the falling standard of education in the country, said his government would provide education that would make graduates employable and as well as provide jobs for other people.
The Labour Party Chairman in Ogun State, Mr Abayomi Arabambi, while welcoming Odegbami and other party supporters, frowned on the failure of the All Progressives Congress-led government in the state to solve various challenges confronting the people in the state.