- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
Alisson becomes world’s most expensive goalkeeper after £65million move to Liverpool
Brazilian international, Alisson Becker has become the most expensive goalkeeper ever after sealing £65m move to Liverpool.
The 25 year old arrived on Merseyside on Thursday and underwent a medical at Liverpool’s Melwood training base, where he signed a six-year deal with the club.
Upon signing the deal, the Brazil international told the Liverpool website that he was really happy to have joined the club. He said;
“I’m really happy, it’s a dream come true to wear such a prestigious shirt for a club of this size that is used to always winning.
“In terms of my life and my career, it’s a huge step for me being part of this club and this family.
“You can be certain that I’ll give my all.”
Speaking on the world record deal, Liverpool coach Jurgen Klopp expressed his delight, he said;
Alisson becomes most expensive goalkeeper after sealing £65m move to Liverpool lailasnews 2
“At one point in the last few weeks it came up, the opportunity to sign one of the world’s best goalkeepers – then it’s not a long thought, to be honest, it’s only that you need to have a little talk with the owners! They were quite excited, so we did it.”
“I think it’s something we have to do. He has nothing to do with the price, we have nothing to do with the price, it’s the market, that’s how it is and we will not think a lot about it.”
“It shows the value of goalkeepers, of course, in this moment. It will happen a lot in the next few weeks I guess and that’s it, so we are really happy to have him here now.
“His English is surprisingly good and he is a real personality. He has meanwhile a lot of experience in the last few years, in Europe and in Rome, he’s played there on an outstandingly high level and he did the same at the World Cup.
“It was for Brazil not too lucky, that’s how it is, but then he played a really good World Cup. So it’s just a good moment.”