- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
5 money-saving tips for big families
Trying to save money in addition to this might seem impossible but it does not have to be if you take advantage of these five money-saving tips
Having a lot of mouths to feed and people to take care of in a big family is quite difficult. Trying to save money in addition to this might seem impossible but it does not have to be if you take advantage of these five money-saving tips.
Below are tips from people with large families:
1. Use only what you need
Kerri Engle, a 28-year-old mom based in New Orleans with four kids tells US News that large families need to focus on the necessities in order to save money.
In her words, “There are so many ways to save money, and the biggest way is to live simpler and waste less. We try to live by the philosophy of only use what you need.”
2. Make second-hand things your friend
Engle’s second advice is for parents to let go of brands and invest in second -hand clothes, better known as “Okrika.”
“Hand-me-down clothing and thrift store kids clothes are such an easy way to save money and be green,” she says.