5 money-saving tips for big families
Trying to save money in addition to this might seem impossible but it does not have to be if you take advantage of these five money-saving tips
Having a lot of mouths to feed and people to take care of in a big family is quite difficult. Trying to save money in addition to this might seem impossible but it does not have to be if you take advantage of these five money-saving tips.
Below are tips from people with large families:
1. Use only what you need
Kerri Engle, a 28-year-old mom based in New Orleans with four kids tells US News that large families need to focus on the necessities in order to save money.
In her words, “There are so many ways to save money, and the biggest way is to live simpler and waste less. We try to live by the philosophy of only use what you need.”
2. Make second-hand things your friend
Engle’s second advice is for parents to let go of brands and invest in second -hand clothes, better known as “Okrika.”
“Hand-me-down clothing and thrift store kids clothes are such an easy way to save money and be green,” she says.
- BREAKING: Nigeria records second death from coronavirus
- Nigerian student expected to graduate in few weeks dies of coronavirus after being refused test in US
- BREAKING: Lagos discharges five coronavirus patients
- Man accused of killing pregnant wife in Anambra gives account of what happened
- 8 Nollywood actresses with smoking addiction — #5 is Asthmatic
- Troll drags Moyo Lawal, says she is a ‘disgrace to womanhood’ for flaunting backside in see-through yoga pant
- Coronavirus: Abba Kyari finally breaks silence, reveals his location and state of health
- PHOTO: Man meets waterloo while raping a little girl inside a bush
- The Babcock University students’ intimate video that broke the internet
- Staying strong for mama, Davido says as he takes on maternal duty of son while Chioma battles Coronavirus