5 money-saving tips for big families
Trying to save money in addition to this might seem impossible but it does not have to be if you take advantage of these five money-saving tips
Having a lot of mouths to feed and people to take care of in a big family is quite difficult. Trying to save money in addition to this might seem impossible but it does not have to be if you take advantage of these five money-saving tips.
Below are tips from people with large families:
1. Use only what you need
Kerri Engle, a 28-year-old mom based in New Orleans with four kids tells US News that large families need to focus on the necessities in order to save money.
In her words, “There are so many ways to save money, and the biggest way is to live simpler and waste less. We try to live by the philosophy of only use what you need.”
2. Make second-hand things your friend
Engle’s second advice is for parents to let go of brands and invest in second -hand clothes, better known as “Okrika.”
“Hand-me-down clothing and thrift store kids clothes are such an easy way to save money and be green,” she says.
- Brigadier Francis Omata Clears The Air On #LekkiMassacre, Names Officer Who Led The Operation
- Lekki Shooting: Why ad board light was turned off – Firm owned by Tinubu’s son breaks silence
- Nigerian Army confirm arrest of Soldier in viral video begging colleagues not to shoot at #EndSARS Protesters
- Two Nigerian men dismiss report they were killed in Lekki gunfire incident (Video)
- BREAKING: Ikoyi prison on fire as inmates attempt to escape (Videos)
- #EndSARS: How Late Oke was rejected by two hospitals after he was stabbed by thugs, brother reveals
- Angry Youths Take Over Tinubu’s House In Lagos