- Shehu Sani resigns, quits APC, fails to give reasons
- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
Chief Imam mobilizing peace meetings with Fulani shot dead in Plateau State
The Chief Imam of Bachi in Riyom LGA of Plateau State, Alhaji Abdullahi Abubakar was brutally murdered by unknown gunmen on Wednesday.
The Riyom Chairman of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association in Nigeria (MACBAN), Alhaji Mato Ibrahim, who confirmed the incident to Daily Trust on Saturday, said that the late Abubakar was an astute bridge-builder and respected community leader.
He said the attackers forced their way into his home and shot him dead around 10 pm.
Also confirming the incident, Operation Safe Haven Media and Information Officer, Major Adam Umar, said the incident was reported by the MACBAN chairman in Riyom.
He added that the task force is working in conjunction with the police to investigated