- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
Real Madrid Unveil $71m Wonderkid Vinicius Junior
The 18-year-old Brazilian forward Vinicius Junior was officially unveiled by Real Madrid on Friday after completing his blockbuster transfer from Rio’s Flamengo.
Madrid signed the player two years ago for 45 million euros (A$71M), in a deal that would become official after his 18th birthday on July 12, 2018.
Vinicius Junior was accompanied on his trip to Madrid by compatriot and former Real player Ronaldo, who led Brazil to the World Cup title in 2002.
“Vinicius is a player with a lot of quality and talent. He’s the biggest prospect for the future of Brazilian football,” said Ronaldo.
The player said he was ready to seize his chance.
“This is the best opportunity a football player could have,” said the youngster who joined Flamengo at age 10.
“I’m going to sacrifice a lot to show that I deserve this opportunity,” he said at his presentation alongside Madrid president Florentino Perez.