- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
Real Madrid Unveil $71m Wonderkid Vinicius Junior
The 18-year-old Brazilian forward Vinicius Junior was officially unveiled by Real Madrid on Friday after completing his blockbuster transfer from Rio’s Flamengo.
Madrid signed the player two years ago for 45 million euros (A$71M), in a deal that would become official after his 18th birthday on July 12, 2018.
Vinicius Junior was accompanied on his trip to Madrid by compatriot and former Real player Ronaldo, who led Brazil to the World Cup title in 2002.
“Vinicius is a player with a lot of quality and talent. He’s the biggest prospect for the future of Brazilian football,” said Ronaldo.
The player said he was ready to seize his chance.
“This is the best opportunity a football player could have,” said the youngster who joined Flamengo at age 10.
“I’m going to sacrifice a lot to show that I deserve this opportunity,” he said at his presentation alongside Madrid president Florentino Perez.