- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
Senate President Bukola Saraki has just been elevated to the position of ‘Waziri Ilorin‘ in Kwara State today by the Emir, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu Gambari.
Saraki was at the Palace of the Emir of Ilorin for a Thanksgiving Prayer Session organized by the Emirate to celebrate recent victory at the Supreme Court.
According to Saraki, ‘as the prayer session was coming to an end, the Emir, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu Gambari, surprised all of us by announcing my elevation to ‘Wazirin Ilorin.’
The position of ‘Wazirin Ilorin’ was last occupied by his late father, Dr. Abubakar Olusola Saraki.
See more photos below.