- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
My Pastor-career not stopping me from acting sexual roles – Eucharia Anunobi
Nollywood actress turned pastor, Eucharia Anunobi has revealed that being a pastor doesn’t stop her from acting roles given to her.
Eucharia Anunobi said this while reacting to reports that she has stopped acting. According to her, “my individuality is different from whatever character I portray in a movie.”
Speaking to the Punch, she said, “Some people think that when you become a minister of the gospel, you are not supposed to have a career. However, being a minister does not stop you from working.
“Since I started acting, I have never taken a break and I am not going there. I think what caused this misconception is that because of the activities of pirates, many movie producers were not publicising our works. So when people don’t see you in movie adverts, they think that you are no longer on the scene.
“As a matter of fact, I just got back from set. Even as a pastor, I can still act a movie like Glamour Girls because my individuality is different from whatever character I portray in a movie. I always tell people that undue exposure of the body that does not add to the story doesn’t make sense.
“I watch some movies where people bare skin for no plausible reason. Being a pastor does not stop me from acting any role, as long as there is no undue exposure of my body. I gave my life to Christ in 1997; so, even at the peak of my career, I was a born again.”