- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
President Trump Insults Lebron James Over CNN Interview
In case you missed how it all started: the NBA champion was recently sat down with CNN’s Don Lemon for an interview where he accused Trump of using sports to divide America.
“What I’ve noticed over the past few months,” said James who recently opened his I Promise School in his hometown in Akron, Ohio. “He’s kinda used sports to kinda divide us, and that’s something that I can’t relate to.”
Lebron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, Don Lemon. He made Lebron look smart, which isn’t easy to do. I like Mike!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 4, 2018
“Sports has never been something that divides people,” James continued. “It’s always been something that brings someone together.”
Now, Trump has responded by insulting Lemon and James. “Lebron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, Don Lemon. He made Lebron look smart, which isn’t easy to do.,” he tweeted Friday night.
And he also appeared to take sides in the LeBron James vs. Michael Jordan debate, saying, “I like Mike!”
James and Trump’s feud started in September 2017 after he called Trump a “bum” for rescinding his invitation to the Golden State Warriors to celebrate their championship with a visit to the White House.
“Going to the White House was a great honor until you showed up!” James tweeted then.
And James later called out Trump after the president suggested that NFL players should be “fired” for “disrespecting the flag” when they take a knee or otherwise choose not to participate in the national anthem, said Trump’s conduct is unbecoming of someone in his position.
“He doesn’t understand the power that he has for being the leader of this beautiful country,” James said then. “He doesn’t understand how many kids, no matter the race, look up to the president of the United States for guidance, for leadership, for words of encouragement. He doesn’t understand that, and that’s what makes me more sick than anything, that we have someone that’s … this is the most, this is the No. 1 position in the world.”
James’ withering opinion of Trump remains unwavering, and we are guessing it is why Trump fired the cheap shot by mocking James’ intelligence.
Well, the sportsman had yet to oblige the rant with a response as at press time.