- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
Lawal Daura has been arrested and detained, after vice-president, Yemi Osinbajo sacked him as the Director-General of the Department of State Security (DSS) on Tuesday.
Osinbajo, on Tuesday, fired Daura after a meeting with him and the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.
The two security chiefs, who arrived Aso Rock at different times, were to update the acting president on security developments including the blockade of the National Assembly by security officials.
DAILY POST has been reliably informed that Daura was arrested by a combined team of the Police and the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
It is understood that news of his arrest, sparked wild jubilations at the DSS headquarters.
The former DSS DG was appointed on July 2, 2015, following the resignation of Ita Ekpeyong.
Daura joined the DSS in 1982 and rose to the rank of Director.
He was the Deputy Director of Presidential Communication, Command and Control Centre at the Presidential Villa, Abuja between 2003 and 2007.