- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
Lawal Daura has been arrested and detained, after vice-president, Yemi Osinbajo sacked him as the Director-General of the Department of State Security (DSS) on Tuesday.
Osinbajo, on Tuesday, fired Daura after a meeting with him and the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.
The two security chiefs, who arrived Aso Rock at different times, were to update the acting president on security developments including the blockade of the National Assembly by security officials.
DAILY POST has been reliably informed that Daura was arrested by a combined team of the Police and the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
It is understood that news of his arrest, sparked wild jubilations at the DSS headquarters.
The former DSS DG was appointed on July 2, 2015, following the resignation of Ita Ekpeyong.
Daura joined the DSS in 1982 and rose to the rank of Director.
He was the Deputy Director of Presidential Communication, Command and Control Centre at the Presidential Villa, Abuja between 2003 and 2007.