- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
Cross River by-election: Widow wins late husband’s seat
PDP candidate, Abbey Ukpukpen wins late husband’s seat in Cross River’s state by-election
Abbey Ukpukpen, a PDP candidate and widow of a member of the Cross River House of Assembly, Stephen Ukpukpen, has taken over her husband’s seat, following her victory at the Obudu Constituency by-election, held in the state yesterday, Saturday August 11th.
Her husband, Stephen Ukpukpen’s seat was declared vacant after he slumped and died while jogging in the state in May 2018.
Abbey Ukpukpen, who contested under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), scored 12,712 votes to beat Ishamali Bendel of the All Progressives Congress (APC), who had 4,345 votes.
The Returning Officer for the Obudu Constituency by-election, Tony Eyang, announced the result today Sunday August 12th.