- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
Cross River by-election: Widow wins late husband’s seat
PDP candidate, Abbey Ukpukpen wins late husband’s seat in Cross River’s state by-election
Abbey Ukpukpen, a PDP candidate and widow of a member of the Cross River House of Assembly, Stephen Ukpukpen, has taken over her husband’s seat, following her victory at the Obudu Constituency by-election, held in the state yesterday, Saturday August 11th.
Her husband, Stephen Ukpukpen’s seat was declared vacant after he slumped and died while jogging in the state in May 2018.
Abbey Ukpukpen, who contested under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), scored 12,712 votes to beat Ishamali Bendel of the All Progressives Congress (APC), who had 4,345 votes.
The Returning Officer for the Obudu Constituency by-election, Tony Eyang, announced the result today Sunday August 12th.