- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
Cross River by-election: Widow wins late husband’s seat
PDP candidate, Abbey Ukpukpen wins late husband’s seat in Cross River’s state by-election
Abbey Ukpukpen, a PDP candidate and widow of a member of the Cross River House of Assembly, Stephen Ukpukpen, has taken over her husband’s seat, following her victory at the Obudu Constituency by-election, held in the state yesterday, Saturday August 11th.
Her husband, Stephen Ukpukpen’s seat was declared vacant after he slumped and died while jogging in the state in May 2018.
Abbey Ukpukpen, who contested under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), scored 12,712 votes to beat Ishamali Bendel of the All Progressives Congress (APC), who had 4,345 votes.
The Returning Officer for the Obudu Constituency by-election, Tony Eyang, announced the result today Sunday August 12th.