- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
Cross River by-election: Widow wins late husband’s seat
PDP candidate, Abbey Ukpukpen wins late husband’s seat in Cross River’s state by-election
Abbey Ukpukpen, a PDP candidate and widow of a member of the Cross River House of Assembly, Stephen Ukpukpen, has taken over her husband’s seat, following her victory at the Obudu Constituency by-election, held in the state yesterday, Saturday August 11th.
Her husband, Stephen Ukpukpen’s seat was declared vacant after he slumped and died while jogging in the state in May 2018.
Abbey Ukpukpen, who contested under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), scored 12,712 votes to beat Ishamali Bendel of the All Progressives Congress (APC), who had 4,345 votes.
The Returning Officer for the Obudu Constituency by-election, Tony Eyang, announced the result today Sunday August 12th.