- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
- I’ve been pushed out — Senate President, Saraki, says as he dumps APC for PDP
Cross River by-election: Widow wins late husband’s seat
PDP candidate, Abbey Ukpukpen wins late husband’s seat in Cross River’s state by-election
Abbey Ukpukpen, a PDP candidate and widow of a member of the Cross River House of Assembly, Stephen Ukpukpen, has taken over her husband’s seat, following her victory at the Obudu Constituency by-election, held in the state yesterday, Saturday August 11th.
Her husband, Stephen Ukpukpen’s seat was declared vacant after he slumped and died while jogging in the state in May 2018.
Abbey Ukpukpen, who contested under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), scored 12,712 votes to beat Ishamali Bendel of the All Progressives Congress (APC), who had 4,345 votes.
The Returning Officer for the Obudu Constituency by-election, Tony Eyang, announced the result today Sunday August 12th.