- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
- I’ve been pushed out — Senate President, Saraki, says as he dumps APC for PDP
- Fire guts Gov Aregbesola’s office 30 days to Osun Election
We’ll amend Nigeria’s Constitution to allow Buhari be President for life – APC Candidate
Honourable Lawal Yahaya-Gumau, representing Toro federal constituency in the House of Representatives, has declared that if elected into the Senate, the Nigerian constitution will be amended to make President Muhammadu Buhari president for life.
Gumau, who made this known at a campaign on Friday, is running for the Bauchi South Senatorial District seat in today’s by-election in the state.
He said, “I, Lawal-Yahaya Gumau, want you to know that the mandate that will be given to me on Saturday is to go and protect Buhari’s interest in the Senate. This is the only mandate that I will be going to the Senate with, having fulfilled every other mandate to the best of my ability while in the House of Representatives for eight years.
By God’s grace, we will amend Nigeria’s Constitution to allow Buhari to be President for the remaining years of his life. He will only cease to be President when God takes his life.”
Gumau alluded to the fact that former president, Olusegun Obasanjo was unable to amend the Constitution for a third term because he lacked sincerity.