- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
Girl Abducted From Boarding School And Forcefully Converted To Islam Regains Freedom (Photos)
The junior secondary school student who was abducted from her boarding school and forcefully converted to Islam, has regained freedom after four weeks.
Parmata Abdulkarim Misari, a JSS 3 student of the Government Secondary School Kongo, Zaria, Kaduna State, was reportedly kidnapped on the 20th of July, 2018. After her disappearance, school authorities claimed not to know her whereabouts.
Her parents, Mr. Abdulkarim Misari and Mrs Hauwa Misari, who were living with the assumption that their daughter was safe in the boarding school, were shocked when they were informed that their daughter is missing and that the entire School management was not aware until after four days.
The distraught parents immediately sought the intervention of the Kaduna State Police Commissioner and investigation revealed that a matron in the school had lured the girl out of the school by lying to her that her mother was sick and she needed to go home.
At the school’s gate, a man was told to take her home with his motorcycle, but the man, instead, took her to the village head of Tukur-Tukur, Zaria.
On getting to the village, the village head, the district head, and some other Islamic leaders were said to have detained her, converted her to Islam, changed her name from Parmata to Fatima, and began homeschooling her as a new convert.
The police eventually uncovered the girl‘s whereabouts on August 15, 2018 and on Thursday, August 16, 2018, she regained her freedom.
It was discovered that Parmata was kept in the custody of the village head’s wife, who fed her one meal per day. She has now been reunited with her parents and is currently undergoing some rehabilitation and receiving medical treatment.
The abduction caused Parmata to miss her exams and she is likely to repeat the class.
All involved in her abduction have been arrested.