- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
2019: PDP will win presidential election – Saraki
Saraki said this in Ilorin at a meeting with PDP members, who came from the 16 local government areas of the state, NAN reports.
He also expressed his confidence that his new party would emerge victorious in all the local government areas of Kwara State.
Saraki said that the victory of PDP at both the federal and the state levels would be beneficial to all the members in the state.
The Senate President said that the future of PDP was now brighter than it used to be.
“If we emerge victorious at the federal level, all of us will be the beneficiaries. In the state, with your support we will win the state for PDP.
“All of you here are the key players in Kwara politics. With unity of purpose, no party can contest with you.
“We are here to unite all of us under the party we belong to today. I am assuring all members that there will be equity, internal democracy and justice.
“It is not going to be winners take all. As far as I am concerned, everybody here today belong to our political structure.
“There is nothing like old or new Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). We have all become one PDP.
“I want all of us to be united for the progress and development of Kwara State.
“As par the politics of the state, nobody can wrest the power from us I if we are united. By the grace of God we will emerge victorious both at the federal and state levels.
“We will ensure that we work as one party because we have always worked together before.
“We will see that all the wards and local governments’ popular candidates emerge based on their popularity and acceptability,” he said.
He assured PDP members that there would be no anointed candidates in all the elective positions.
“I don’t have any anointed candidate at all levels. I don’t have candidates for the state Assembly, National Assembly. It is the person you want in your constituency that I will okay.
“Don’t allow anybody to deceive you that I have endorsed any candidate,” NAN quoted him as saying.