- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Okada rider crushed to death by a truck in Ogun State
Mr Babatunde Akinbiyi, the Public Relations Officer of the Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE), confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria in Abeokuta saying a Mack truck without registration number and a Mercedes Benz car marked EG 283 KJA had earlier been involved in an accident on Sunday night and had been left on the highway.
The TRACE spokesman said the driver of a Iveko truck marked AAA 921 XA, who was travelling early Monday morning, lost control of the vehicle and crushed the motorcycle registered as FKJ 880 QB against the two stationary vehicles. The commercial motorcyclist was said to have been killed on the spot.
“The accident happened around 5 a.m. at the Old Bank road in Ifo inward Abeokuta,” he said. He said the corpse of the motorcyclist had been deposited at the morgue of the General Hospital in Ifo. Akinbiyi added that the driver of the Iveco truck, as well as other vehicles and motorcycle involved in the incident, had been moved to Ifo Divisional Police Command.