- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
- Fire guts INEC office few days to general elections
- [UPDATED] ASUU suspends strike after reaching agreement with FG
- Breaking: Atiku’s monarch woos people for Buhari
2019: Atiku escape mob action after submitting PDP nomination forms
There was stampede and gun shots on Thursday as former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar submitted his expression of interest and nomination forms at the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, headquarters in Abuja.
According to DAILY POST, a mammoth crowd stormed the gate of the building as the Wazirin Adamawa arrived.
Youths believed to be of Atiku’s opposing camp clashed with the former VP’s supporters, a situation that triggered pandemonium.
A source in Atiku’s camp told our correspondent that policemen stationed at the premises shot in the air to disperse the crowd.
“It was just warning shots because some people in the crowd were getting uncontrollable”, he said.
However, there was no record of fatality, although scores of people are believed to have been injured.