- APC chairman for Cross River State, Dr. Mathew Achigbe dies in ghastly motor accident
- Police protest lack of accommodation in Imo
- FG declares Tuesday, November 20th as public holiday to celebrate Eid-El Maulud
- Minimum wage: N30,000 will lead us to bankruptcy, says Governors
- Biafra: Court orders Senator Abaribe, 2 others to pay N100m each for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu
- Anambra State Assembly Speaker, Rita Maduagwu impeached
- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
- ASUU kick off indefinite strike
2019: Atiku escape mob action after submitting PDP nomination forms
There was stampede and gun shots on Thursday as former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar submitted his expression of interest and nomination forms at the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, headquarters in Abuja.
According to DAILY POST, a mammoth crowd stormed the gate of the building as the Wazirin Adamawa arrived.
Youths believed to be of Atiku’s opposing camp clashed with the former VP’s supporters, a situation that triggered pandemonium.
A source in Atiku’s camp told our correspondent that policemen stationed at the premises shot in the air to disperse the crowd.
“It was just warning shots because some people in the crowd were getting uncontrollable”, he said.
However, there was no record of fatality, although scores of people are believed to have been injured.