- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
Salary Debt: I stripped naked, cursed Nigeria football, says Ex-Super Eagles coach, Joe Erico
A former Assistant Coach of the Super Eagles, Joe Erico, has revealed that he stripped naked and placed a curse on Nigeria after he was sacked without being paid in 2002.
Erico, who was a goalkeeper during his playing days, insisted that the troubles in the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) will continue until he is paid his outstanding salary and allowances.
The veteran coach worked with late coach, Shuaibu Amodu and Stephen Keshi, to qualify the Super Eagles for the 2002 World Cup.
“I swore for them in the NFA or NFF when we came back in 2002. They treated all of us; Amodu, Keshi and myself just anyhow.
“The thing is that they can’t handle the truth, speak it and you’d get blackballed.
Another interesting topic; Despite the news of my Father’s Kidnap I played for Nigeria — Mikel Obi
“What basically happened was that I was very angry at the time. I was an angry person. So I went back home, stripped naked and put a curse on Nigeria football,” Erico told Brila FM.