- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
- Nigerian ambassador to Qatar, Abdullahi Wase is dead
- Photos from Nasarawa gas explosion
- 2019: Atiku escape mob action after submitting PDP nomination forms
- Photos of 3 APC LG chairman killed in auto crash in Saudi Arabia
- 2019: Saraki, Jonathan in closed door meeting
- Nollywood loses another actress, Uduak Akrah
- Nollywood loses another Veteran Actor, Chike Osuji
Herbalist caught trying to slaughter victim for rituals in Ogun
62-year old herbalist arrested in Ogun State while allegedly trying to kill his apprentice for ritual
Ganiyu Idowu, a 62 years old herbalist has been arrested for allegedly kidnapping and attempting to kill his apprentice, Akanni, for money ritual at Oniyorin, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
The suspect attempted the act alongside two of his accomplices, Balogun Edun and Mathew Odunewu, on August 30, 2018.
According to the State Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu, the suspects took Akanni to a river bank at about 11.00 p.m. but were sighted by a surveillance team of the Divisional Police Headquarters, Adigbe with the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS). \
On getting to the river bank, the suspects grabbed the victim, who was younger than all of them, laid him on the ground and were about to slaughter him when the operatives swooped on them and got them arrested.
“On interrogation, they confessed that the polythene bags with them were to be used to collect their respective shares of the victim’s body parts after killing him,” the commissioner said.