- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
Herbalist caught trying to slaughter victim for rituals in Ogun
62-year old herbalist arrested in Ogun State while allegedly trying to kill his apprentice for ritual
Ganiyu Idowu, a 62 years old herbalist has been arrested for allegedly kidnapping and attempting to kill his apprentice, Akanni, for money ritual at Oniyorin, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
The suspect attempted the act alongside two of his accomplices, Balogun Edun and Mathew Odunewu, on August 30, 2018.
According to the State Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu, the suspects took Akanni to a river bank at about 11.00 p.m. but were sighted by a surveillance team of the Divisional Police Headquarters, Adigbe with the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS). \
On getting to the river bank, the suspects grabbed the victim, who was younger than all of them, laid him on the ground and were about to slaughter him when the operatives swooped on them and got them arrested.
“On interrogation, they confessed that the polythene bags with them were to be used to collect their respective shares of the victim’s body parts after killing him,” the commissioner said.