- APC chairman for Cross River State, Dr. Mathew Achigbe dies in ghastly motor accident
- Police protest lack of accommodation in Imo
- FG declares Tuesday, November 20th as public holiday to celebrate Eid-El Maulud
- Minimum wage: N30,000 will lead us to bankruptcy, says Governors
- Biafra: Court orders Senator Abaribe, 2 others to pay N100m each for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu
- Anambra State Assembly Speaker, Rita Maduagwu impeached
- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
- ASUU kick off indefinite strike
Herbalist caught trying to slaughter victim for rituals in Ogun
62-year old herbalist arrested in Ogun State while allegedly trying to kill his apprentice for ritual
Ganiyu Idowu, a 62 years old herbalist has been arrested for allegedly kidnapping and attempting to kill his apprentice, Akanni, for money ritual at Oniyorin, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
The suspect attempted the act alongside two of his accomplices, Balogun Edun and Mathew Odunewu, on August 30, 2018.
According to the State Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu, the suspects took Akanni to a river bank at about 11.00 p.m. but were sighted by a surveillance team of the Divisional Police Headquarters, Adigbe with the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS). \
On getting to the river bank, the suspects grabbed the victim, who was younger than all of them, laid him on the ground and were about to slaughter him when the operatives swooped on them and got them arrested.
“On interrogation, they confessed that the polythene bags with them were to be used to collect their respective shares of the victim’s body parts after killing him,” the commissioner said.