- Nigeria economy is in bad shape, Buhari tells governors
- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
The Nigerian Air Force has confirmed the crash of two of its air crafts involved in the on-going rehearsals for the 58 Independence Anniversary Celebration of the country.
the aircraft were taking part in the rehearsals for the 58th Independence Day celebrations when they reportedly collided and a crash was said to have occurred.
The number of people injured in the incident could not be ascertained as of the time of this report, as efforts were still ongoing by the military to attend to the situation.
The NAF Director of Public Relations and Information, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, who confirmed the incident, earlier said no lives were lost in the mishap but one Pilot later gave up the ghost.
“I wish to confirm an air incident involving two NAF aircraft taking part in the 58th Independence Day celebrations. He said.
Air Force confirms death of Pilot in crash
The Nigerian Air Force has confirmed the death of one of the pilots who were on the aircraft that crashed in Abuja earlier on Friday.
The spokesman for the Air Force, Air Commodore, Ibikunle Daramola confirmed the death of the pilot officer in a statement.
He said:” it is with a heavy heart that I regretfully announce that one of the pilots who successfully ejected from one of the F-7Ni aircraft that crashed earlier today has passed on.
“May his soul RIP. Additional details on the incident will be communicated later. “ Another related topic; Trainee Pilot escape death, suffer injuries as Nigerian Air Force aircraft crashes in Kaduna