- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
- Nigerian ambassador to Qatar, Abdullahi Wase is dead
The Nigerian Air Force has confirmed the crash of two of its air crafts involved in the on-going rehearsals for the 58 Independence Anniversary Celebration of the country.
the aircraft were taking part in the rehearsals for the 58th Independence Day celebrations when they reportedly collided and a crash was said to have occurred.
The number of people injured in the incident could not be ascertained as of the time of this report, as efforts were still ongoing by the military to attend to the situation.
The NAF Director of Public Relations and Information, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, who confirmed the incident, earlier said no lives were lost in the mishap but one Pilot later gave up the ghost.
“I wish to confirm an air incident involving two NAF aircraft taking part in the 58th Independence Day celebrations. He said.
Air Force confirms death of Pilot in crash
The Nigerian Air Force has confirmed the death of one of the pilots who were on the aircraft that crashed in Abuja earlier on Friday.
The spokesman for the Air Force, Air Commodore, Ibikunle Daramola confirmed the death of the pilot officer in a statement.
He said:” it is with a heavy heart that I regretfully announce that one of the pilots who successfully ejected from one of the F-7Ni aircraft that crashed earlier today has passed on.
“May his soul RIP. Additional details on the incident will be communicated later. “ Another related topic; Trainee Pilot escape death, suffer injuries as Nigerian Air Force aircraft crashes in Kaduna