- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
A member of the Boko Haram nicknamed SpiderMan, has been killed by Nigerian troops. The man who always mounted a gun truck, wearing the spiderman’s mask, was killed during a crossfire on September 26th. He, along with his ragtag squad was killed in the encounter with Nigerian troops.
Spiderman was among the Boko Haram fighters who attacked Garshigar community of Mobar Local Government Area in Borno last Wednesday.
According to Army Director of Public Relations, Texas Chukwu, the insurgents, who were in nine gun trucks, were repelled by troops of 145 Battalion deployed for Operation Lafiya Dole following superior power of the vigilant troops.
He added that “preliminary battle damage assessment reveals that the overwhelming superior power of the troops devastated the insurgents, inflicting human and equipment casualty on the insurgents which forced them to withdraw in disarray.”
The director said that the gallant troops regrouped after the fierce encounter and dominated the general area of Garshigar and its environs with fighting patrols.
“The good people of Mobar Local Government are urged to remain calm and be assured of troops’ commitment to provide adequate security in the general area,” he added.
Another related topic; Women hold peace rally in Abuja in support of Buhari’s efforts on terrorism