- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
Leaked phone call reveals Yung Thug called gunman 8 times, allegedly led to Lil Wayne bus shooting
A leaked phone conversation between rap mogul Bryan “Birdman” Williams and shooter Jimmy “Peewee Roscoe” Winfrey may hold the key to a conspiracy case implicating Birdman and rapper Yung Thug in the drive-by shooting of Lil Wayne’s tour bus outside Atlanta in 2015.
The Cobb County District Attorney’s office is considering whether to charge Birdman and rapper Yung Thug as co-conspirators in the drive-by shooting. The decision to charge the two men will be made in the next couple of weeks.
In a leaked phone call between Birdman and Winfrey, Birdman is heard telling Winfrey:
It’s time for you to come and get this money, man. You done did everything you could do, boss. It’s an eye opener, bruh. Strictly business, man.
The leaked audio is evidence in a lawsuit filed by Lil Wayne’s tour bus driver, Alvin Lewis, who is seeking damages for his “pain and suffering”.
Phone records obtained by the Cobb County DA’s office reveals Yung Thug, real name Jeffrey Lamar Williams, called Winfrey 8 times in the minutes leading up to the bus shooting.
Winfrey, driving a white sports car, pulled alongside Wayne’s tour bus on a highway and opened fire with a .40 caliber handgun. The bus was sprayed with gunfire, but no one on the bus was hurt. Winfrey was Yung Thug’s tour manager at the time of the shooting.
Winfrey pleaded guilty to attempted murder and weapons charges and received a 10-year prison sentence. But his sentence was overturned by the Georgia Supreme Court. He remains in prison until he gets a new trial or takes a new plea deal. You may also need to read this; Lil Wayne reportedly wins huge sum from legal battle with Birdman, Cash Money and Universal Records